Wanchese Seafood Industrial Park
The Wanchese Seafood Industrial Park is centrally located on the East Coast of the U.S. on the south end of historic Roanoke Island in Dare County. Its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, the Intercoastal Waterway, and the region's sounds systems make it ideal for water-dependent businesses.
The Park's mission is to promote, enhance, and offer business opportunities for marine-related businesses in Northeastern North Carolina.
Wanchese Seafood Industrial Park Facts
- The Wanchese Seafood Industrial Park opened in 1981.
- It contains 53 acres of land, a 15-acre basin, and its own wastewater treatment and water systems.
- Buildings in the Park range from 3,200 to 30,000 sq. ft.
- The Park's 30 lots are fully leased to a number of marine businesses, including boat building, commercial fishing, marina, and supply chain operations.
- In 2005, the Wanchese Seafood Industrial Park had an annual impact to the State of North Carolina of $113 million.
Due to the success of Wanchese, in 2007 the NC Seafood Industrial Park Authority began pursuing additional sites, resulting in the acquisition and development of the Engelhard and Perquimans County marine sites.
Visit Our Other Parks